These emails seen on this site are sent from scammers who are trying to steal from people. It works, too, because there's over 100,000 people all over the world earning a living from scamming people like this. Please take a moment to educate yourself on these scams and tell your friends and family about them so that you are safe from being scammed.

Important -


Announcement -

This scam email repository has now moved to a new home.

Please visit Scam Warning for information about scams and current scam emails.

This blog is now closed however the information available here will remain here.


Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Letter from Gregory A Smith Urgent response needed

From: gregory smitt - gregory_a_smith101@myway.com

Hello Sir/Madam,

My name is Gregory A. Smith, I trained and work as an external auditor
for the EFG Private Bank Limited, Jersey, Channel Islands, working as
part of a bigger team that covers the entire Channel Islands. I have
taken pains to find your contact through a colleague that is connected
with the British Chamber of Commerce On routine audit check last year,
I discovered some investment accounts that had been dormant for at
least 9 years. All the accounts belong to a single/ one account holder
with monies totaling a little above 3.6 million United States Dollars.
Now banking regulation/legislation here demand that I do notify the
fiscal authorities after a statutory time span of 8 years when dormant
accounts of this type are called in by the Jersey monetary regulatory
bodies.

The above set of facts underscores my reason for writing and proposing
to you. My investigations of the said account reveals that the
investor, a Briton had died in 1997â€"the exact time the account was last
operated. I can confirm with certainty that the said investor died
interstate and no next â€"of â€"kin to his estate has been found or has
come forward all these years.

I am of the settled conviction that using my insider leverage, I,
working with you can secure the funds in the account for us instead of
allowing it pass as unclaimed funds into the coffers of the Government
of Channel Islands. This is especially possible as you bear the same
LAST NAME with the said investor. This exactly is why I crave your
participation and co-operation .I have in my custody all relevant
documents (legal and Banking) that will facilitate your claims as the
beneficiary of the funds.

If this offer is okay by you, we can put minds together and workout
the modalities and our mutual benefits. I shall however leave out the
finer details of this transaction till I receive an affirmation of your
desire to participate. Be rest assured that I am in control of the
situation and as such, there would be no risk whatsoever if you elect
to come on board. Needless to say, UTMOST CONFIDENTIALITY is of vital
importance if we are to successfully reap the immense benefits of this
transaction. Please send your response to my private and more which I
have created for this purpose only. (1)PHONE, FAX AND MOBIL. I do
expect your prompt response.

Truly

Gregory A. Smith